Bartley Sailing Club is always keen to welcome new members, both those wishing to learn for the first time or more experienced sailors keen to join in our racing programme. Windsurfers and canoeists are also very welcome.
There is a particularly warm welcome for families, looking for a shared hobby, who can take advantage of very reasonable rates for a family group, student or junior membership.
To apply for membership, simply download and complete either a Sailing Membership Form or else a Non-Sailing Membership Form which covers social only membership. If you wish to pay by direct debit, please also complete a Direct Debit Form to accompany your membership form. The membership form is a Word document and the direct debit form is an Adobe pdf file. You must print them, complete and sign them and return them to the club (address below).
For details about Bartley SUP can be found by clicking on the link here: Bartley SUP web site
New membership category introduced from 2017 onwards: MidWeek Trailing
Bartley always welcomes sailors from other sailing clubs. If they wish to continue weekend sailing at their own club, but would like to join in with the highly enjoyable Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday racing, they can now join as a Mid-Week Trailing membership. This category of membership is available if they are already a fully paid up member of their own sailing club, requires them to trail their boats to Bartley (as otherwise they would be expected to join with Full Membership plus pay for a boat space), and is available for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays only. Note: membership of the RYA alone does not qualify as being a fully paid up member of another sailing club. They will share duty rotas for those membership days (i.e. not be on weekend rotas). Any queries please refer to Caroline Downing or Guy Mason.
Existing members are sent renewal notices in October. If you need another copy, please download and fill in the membership form (as detailed in the Join Now area above). Depending on the changes to details, you may need to complete a Direct Debit form (also downloadable, see above). The renewal forms can be deposited in the box in the clubhouse bar or sent in by regular Post.
At any time, you can download and complete the appropriate membership form to update the Bartley records. This is a Word document. Download the form , then Save As to your computer. When you have made your changes, save the document and attach the completed document to an email to
Bartley membership forms and activities are covered by the 2018 General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). In case of query you can download a copy of the Bartley GDPR policy here
Why Join Bartley?
- A great stretch of clean water which allows for cruising, racing and training to take place at the same time plus windsurfers and canoeists are also welcome
- Purpose-built facilities
- All-year-round sailing in a safe environment - no engine-powered craft (except for the support boats, of course!)
- Our opening hours are the longest in the Midlands and you can sail all day at weekends and in the evenings too during the summer
- Support boat(s) always available during sailing hours
- Regular events throughout the year, from novice races, to more serious class-racing, regular junior sailing across the summer, “Push the Boat Out” and a special family fun day.
- A dedicated Information Officer, to provide help and advice for new members to get them started and welcome you into the club
- An RYA-accredited training centre which can provide training for all abilities, after each course finishes there is a follow-up session to get new members underway and make the most of their new skills
- Boat hire - subject to availability and regrettably not available during the week before and during training courses and Kids Saturday morning K2O training. Please check with club first or email
- Competitive membership rates - check out on the membership form - sailing is an inexpensive sport at Bartley SC
- ...and lots of fun - see the photos in the Gallery for the evidence!