12 August 2013
TRY SAILING FOR FREE AT BARTLEY SC!
Bartley Sailing Club invites you and your family to come and try sailing for FREE at the club’s Open Day this Saturday (17August).
This fun-filled afternoon at this friendly club in the Bartley Green area of Birmingham runs from 10am to 4.30pm and is guaranteed to offer something for everyone.
Get a first taste of sailing with one of the club’s experienced members, chat to some of the club sailors or simply sample the social side of what life at Bartley SC can offer.
Just bring along a change of clothes, some old trainers and waterproofs and the club will supply everything else you need to get afloat. Refreshments will be available throughout the day with a BBQ at lunchtime.
It’s been a big week for Bartley SC who are also celebrating after being awarded £45,000 in the latest round of Sport England Inspired Facilities funding to improve the club’s changing facilities.
Bartley SC is a recognised RYA Training Centre, meaning that it conforms to the highest standards of quality and safety.
For more information about Bartley SC visit www.bartleysailingclub.com
PHOTOGRAPHS: Further and higher res images available on request. Credit Bartley SC.
1) Youngsters from Bartley SC's K2O juniors club will be on hand to show off their skills at the Open Day this Saturday
For more information:
RYA West Midlands Regional Communicator
Tel: 07837 707630
Notes to Editors:
About the RYA
- The RYA is the national body for all forms of recreational, competitive and professional boating. It represents dinghy and yacht racing, motor and sail cruising, RIBs and sports boats, powerboat racing, windsurfing, inland cruising and personal watercraft
- The RYA is recognised by all government offices as being the negotiating body for the activities it represents. It continually fights for the rights and freedoms of its 102,000 personal members, the majority of whom choose to go afloat for purely recreational non-competitive pleasure on coastal and inland waters. There are an estimated further 500,000 boat owners nationally who are members of RYA affiliated clubs and class associations.
- The RYA also sets and maintains a recognised standard for recreational boat training through a network of 2,340 RYA Recognised Training Centres in over 43 countries. On average 155,000 people per year complete RYA training courses.
- The RYA is committed to promoting all forms of boating and making them accessible to everyone.
- Love Boating? Then why not join the association that promotes and protects, safe, successful and rewarding British boating. Join today and support the RYA in protecting your boating rights and freedoms. Take advantage of free advice and support on all aspects of your boating, as well as enjoying a range of fantastic personal member offers. Find out more by calling 0844 556 9556, email
- You can find the RYA at RYA House, Ensign Way, Hamble, Southampton, SO31 4YA or visit www.rya.org.uk